Tuesday 14 July 2015

U Choose U Loose!

Oh God, do I have to do this? Although I had the guts, something was pulling me back . Suddenly, I heard the sound of the train. It was now approaching. I hit my head severally, but still I was undecided. The flashback; all those memories started overlapping in my head. I was kinda confused. I couldn't even recognize people passing by for all I could see was dancing images.

That evening in my office, he'd walked in with a briefcase in his hand, a grin on his face, winked at me as he walked majestically. You'd think he was a groom on the altar headed for his bride as she walked in. But why would he approach me as if he knew me? Why walk in and reach for me with a hug? Something was fishy.

"You won't ask me to have a seat?"

He said this putting his briefcase on my desk which at the moment was a mess. All those files scattered everywhere, a cup of tea with some little tea that had remained in it that morning. Stupid tea girl, she had forgotten her work. Some two greedy houseflies were hovering around I guess it was because of the dirty cup. I reached for the files trying to arrange them at one corner of my desk. Out of the blues, a gun was pointed at my head. My heart was in my mouth, almost fainted. I had never seen a gun before. In the movies yes. Today it was pointing my head. Far deep in my thoughts I could hear the train's horn. It was now nearing the station but I couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened two days ago.

Stagnant and perplexed was my entire body, moving an inch seemed to be hell of a job. Breathing was problematic but I managed to open my mouth wide enough to scream only to be cut off with a stinging slap on my tender face.
"Am here to help"
Dilemmatic was his utterance, or was it me who didn't get him right? What kind of help had a gun pointed at you?

Our father who's at in heaven hallowed be your name your  kingdom...hardly had I started whispering this prayer as I counted my remaining seconds on earth when I had grasp on my face. His hand was huge, smelly. It covered the whole of my pretty little face as I struggled to find my breath. The next thing I could remember was seeing myself in front of this person I'd never expected to meet in my entire life. Was it real?

Perfect man that any woman would love to be with. Dark and handsome. His tall height, all killing smile and the athletic body would drive you nuts. But to me, some rotten rubbish in the world's largest garbage pit would best describe him...not even a fly could recognize his presence. Back then, I'd do anything for him. I mean anything. But not until the day that he abandoned me. The most important day of my life. Red letter day

Now he was standing in front of me in the name of he wants to help. After five years of no news from him. Had he joined the Al-shabaab for all those five years? Or had he been snatched by those whores that didn't know how to look for their own men. None of these was answerable. All he wanted was to help.

Amenably, I gave him a chance to explain himself. He took me upstairs to his living room, a better place to sit comfortably and think of all the lies that he was going to tell. Time went and what happened there after, I actually have no idea. Could have been a dream.

And now i was at the station with only two choices. Both would take me to this place that both my heart and Him wanted me to be. I had gone through a lot. The train was finally here. Only two steps needed to take this one last step in my life. I remained there hopeless, speechless, sightless and maybe motionless but all in all I still had to choose and loose.

Life on earth is sweet and enjoyable but it can also hurt like hell. We are at times left with no option. That little thing that you could despise could cost your life. We not always get what we want but at least we are given the opportunity to choose what's more important and loose the rest. Well in my story above, even choosing was a task. A difficult one indeed...good thing is that nothing lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment